- About the School
- Staff Directory
- Contact Us
Ashley Anthony - Library/Media Tech.
Hours: 10:15 - 2:15
Monday - Friday
The Book Mobile comes to Sheridan on Wednesday mornings.
All students have a library card and will be able to check out books from the Placer County Library system.
To go to the Placer County Library web site, please click on the following link:
WHO DONATED A HUGE SUM OF MONEY
TO REVAMP OUR LIBRARY WITH NEW BOOKS
- Limit of 2 books at a time for 1st-2nd and 2 books for 3rd-5th grades
- One week check-out period
- Renewals are allowed if the student is actively reading a book; limited when there is a long reserve list. The book must be presented to renew.
- Students who have overdue or lost books can not check out books from the library; until the book is found or paid for. They must choose a teacher's classroom book.
- Teachers' Top 100 Books for Children
- Caldecott Medal Winners
- Newbery Medal Winners
- Children's Notable Lists - the best in children's books, recordings, videos, and software
- Placer County Library System - your children have library cards for this library, you can order books or place them on hold and the Book Mobile will bring them to our school on Wednesdays when they come. You will be notified to pick up your book from the Book Mobile if you have an e-mail account.
- Internet Public Library
- Brain Fuse great help for Homework and schoolwork, just type in your Lincoln Library card number.
- Lincoln library: Click on the icon below to connect to the link:
AR stands for Accelerated Reader. Accelerated Reader is a GREAT computer software program that monitors student reading of certain designated Accelerated Reader books. In this program, students read books of their choice and take short quizzes on the computers at school. The child can be read to, read with, or they can read independently. They then get prizes based on points they accumulate. These quizzes can be taken at library time or in the regular classroom. The student, the teacher and the parents then receive feedback on the students' performance.
This is good for 3rd, 4th and 5th grades.
This site is good for K-2nd grades.